One of my favorite and go-to desserts are Oreo Balls. The preparation of making them is so simple. The only time consuming part is waiting for them to chill in the freezer. This dessert is easy to throw together to bring to a friend or family's home, social gathering, or just to enjoy by yourself.
The recipe from Cooking Classy is as follows:
- 36 Oreos (original not double stuf), plus 3 more, crushed, for topping if desired
- 1 (8 oz) pkg. cream cheese,softened
- 16 oz vanilla or chocolate candy melts, or melted white chocolate, milk chocolate or dark chocolate
- Line an 18 by 13-inch baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper.
- Place 36 Oreos in a food processor (entire cookie, don't remove cream filling) and pulse too fine crumbs.*
- Add cream cheese and pulse in bursts until well combined**.
- Scoop mixture out about 1 Tbsp at a time and form into 1 inch balls then align on a prepared cookie sheet.
- Place truffles in the freezer for 15 minutes. Meanwhile crush the remaining 3 Oreos.
- Melt almond bark or chocolate according to directions on the package.
- Remove truffles from the freezer and dip in melted chocolate and use a spoon to pour some chocolate over the top then lift and allow excess chocolate to run off.
- Return to the baking sheet, immediately sprinkle tops with crushed Oreos if desired, then allow chocolate to set.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.